Cats and dogs make great pets, but they can also make even bigger messes. Pet urine stains and smells can destroy fabrics and furniture. There are several cleaners to remove stains and odors, but everyone who owns a pet know they don't always work. Genesis 950 works with water to get into the stain. When absorbed by the stain, the mixture of Genesis 950 and water actually works to alter the stain's composition and break the structural bond of the stain. Once the bond is broken, the stain can be lifted and removed. Only by breaking the bond of the stain will you remove both the actual stain and the smell. If you do not do this, you are just masking it. Genesis 950 will break the bonds of stains and remove both the stain AND the odor. In addition, Genesis 950 is a deodorizer. It also acts as an anti-bacterial cleaner and will kill any germs or bacteria associated with the stain. But the best part is that Genesis 950 does not have the harsh toxins or chemicals that other household cleaners have. There is no bleach, acid, alcohol or ammonia, so it won't harm your carpet, your pet . . . or the environment.
CAT OWNERS: Cat's urinate instinctively in the same spot where they smell urine. If your cat is peeing on the carpet, the furniture or clothes, the chances of it continuing are very strong unless you actually completely remove any trace of previous urine. The best way to get your cat going in the litter box is by fully removing the stain and odor. There are several cleaners that claim to do this, however you are very fortunate if they work. Enzymatic cleaners are live feeding cleaners and tend to wear themselves out before they get to the heart of the stain. Anything that contains ammonia or vinegar is a MAJOR no-no for cat owners. The Humane Society even recognizes and advises against using these to remove cat urine. The reason for this is because they contain elements found in cat urine. If you use these items to clean cat urine, and they have the same elements in cat urine, you are only reinforcing your cat to urinate in the spot where you “cleaned” with it.
The next time you have this issue, first clean the urine with a paper towel and nothing else. Take that paper towel and place it in the cat's liter box. This will redirect the cat where the odor belongs. Next you have to fully remove the stain and the odor. This can be done with Genesis 950 as follows:
1. Clean stained area (furniture, carpet or rug) of any loose debris.
2. In a bucket, mix 1 part Genesis 950 to 7 parts warm water
3. Using a sponge, absorb the mixture of Genesis 950 and water
4. Squeeze excess mixture out of the sponge
5. With the sponge, wipe down any stained or dirtied area of the furniture, carpet or rug - do not wipe in a scrubbing manner, just gently wipe and let moisture from sponge absorb into the stain
6. Let the area you have wiped absorb the mixture - Genesis 950 is designed to work with water to soak into the stain and break the bonds of the stain, which then lift the stain from the surface. This is what will remove the stain and the smell.
7. After about 2 minutes the stain will be loosened and can be lifted from the surface
8. Empty your bucket and fill with straight water once you have cleaned all the dirty spots on your furniture, carpet or rug
9. Use a sponge with straight water to wipe off the cleaned areas
10. Allow furniture, carpet or rug to dry.
DOG OWNERS: Dogs are also instinctive in marking their territory and urinating. They develop a routine when going to the bathroom and every dog owner knows that dogs prefer to relieve themselves in the same spot. Even if they are going outside, they generally prefer to do their business in a familiar spot. If they begin to mark spots in the home, it is very important that you act immediately to remove the stain and odor to prevent repeated behavior. By removing the smell they have created in your carpeting, you are controlling the urge for the dog to repeat the unwanted beh